Eating healthfully doesn't have to be all dull and drag. This recipe proves it! If you're trying to get pregnant, on a ketogenic diet, have diabetes or PCOS, or just wanting to be healthy, this is a great option for you! You can make it dairy free by taking out the butter/ghee, and make it vegan by omitting the butter and eggs! Best part- it's delicious!
- 2 cans of organic full fat coconut milk
- 1 stick of organic, grassfed butter or equivalent ghee. (Add fertility power, adaptogen power, or musculoskeletal healing power to this with herb infused ghees!)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 organic, pasture raised eggs
- Vitamin D or Vitamin K drops
- Chaga powder
- Ground Chia seeds
- Fresh herb like mint, lemon balm, lavender, or rosemary.
Add the coconut oil, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and butter/ghee to a pot, and heat until all is melted. Let cool. Add the rest of the ingredients in a blender. Blend together, and add to an ice cream maker, and presto! You have ice cream!
Why it's good for fertility:
Fat is such a necessary part of fertility that if we don't have enough, we won't get pregnant! Eating an adequate amount of healthy fats actually signals your body that you're ready to reproduce! It's low sugar, to support your health and blood sugar (so good for people with PCOS!) and the fat actually helps you become a healthier weight if you are on a ketogenic diet!
Dr. Jen Riegle is a Naturopathic Doctor (ND) who practices in Santa Rosa, CA. Dr. Jen specializes in women's health, infertility, and oncofertility. If you live in the Bay Area and would like to make an appointment, you may schedule on our website or by calling (707)-243-8998.